Types of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web server run by a web hosting distributor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a look at them. Doing so, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you'd like to have a web portal, mail addresses, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the workload between independent stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web page hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you want to share an enormous quantity of pictures with comrades or colleagues since the service is commonly free. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your mail addresses. Some corporations provide web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many videos as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to have a web site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and emails, upload video clips, and so on. At Queen Bee Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual email/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for particular content exclusively.